Welcome to The Novice Mushroomer. If you're looking for expert mushroom info and advice you should probably keep looking. This is a site about discovering and learning about this cool hobby.
I just started mushrooming last August 2010 - oh all the wasted years I could have been foraging! Why didn't I think of it sooner?! Oh well...I've learned a lot in a year, but I'm sure I have a lot more to learn.
Here's a link to an excellent mushrooming website with more detailed and experienced info.
The Obligatory Disclaimer
Some mushrooms are poisonous, blah blah blah...Hey listen, just go ahead and take whatever you find in the forest and pop it in your mouth if you want to. The gene pool will soon be rid of your DNA and that's probably a good thing if you're that dumb. But seriously folks here the skinny...Most mushrooms are inedible (read; tastes bad, not digestible). There are some that are poisonous. Of these there are a small number that can kill you. Start with the ones that are easy and work from there, that's what I did. One rule of thumb is that you shouldn't eat a mushroom with gills unless you know what you're doing. White mushrooms with gills are especially dangerous. Got it? Good.